No one likes excessive moisture, humidity and dampness in their living space. However, mostly these issues arise in the basement or very compact areas in your home and sometimes certain factors are also responsible for this issue even if you live in big living space. Everyone wants to live a healthy lifestyle and living in a space which has humidity issues is not good for your health as well. As many of us can’t change our homes or apartments in search of a healthier home but with the help of dehumidifiers you can easily sort this issue out.
Dehumidifiers are very useful appliances that are available on market and are capable of maintaining healthy humidity level within your living space. However, every dehumidifier offers different capacity, features, benefits etc. so you must not go for any of these machines blindly. You are required to check everything at first and then you should move on to the next step that is buying. Therefore, we are providing you with our list of top 10 Best Dehumidifier along with their reviews as well as its buying guide.
- 1 Top 10 Best Dehumidifier Reviews
- 2 Frigidaire FFAD5033W1 High Humidity 50
- 3 AlorAir Basement/Crawlspace Dehumidifiers 198PPD (Saturation)
- 4 Inofia 30 Pints Dehumidifiers for Home Basements with Continuous Drain
- 5 Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier – Large-Capacity For Spaces
- 6 hOmeLabs 4,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier
- 7 TOSOT 3,000 Sq Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier – for Home, Basement, Bedroom
- 8 Frigidaire FGAC7044U1 70 Pint Capacity Dehumidifier with Wi-Fi
- 9 AIRPLUS 30 Pints Dehumidifier – Efficient Dehumidifiers for Basements/Medium
- 10 MIDEA MAD50C1ZWS Dehumidifier for up to 4500 Sq Ft with Reusable Air Filter
- 11 Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier, 2200 Cubic Feet (250 sq ft)
- 12 Dehumidifier Buying Guide
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 14 Conclusion
Top 10 Best Dehumidifier Reviews
Frigidaire FFAD5033W1 High Humidity 50
With the Frigidaire FFAD5033W1 High Humidity 50 dehumidifier, make your living space comfy very easily. It features a washable filter, continuous drain option, and customizable humidity control, along with automatic shut off. This dehumidifier is very easy to maintain due to its easily washable filter that keeps it clean from dust or any other particles efficiently. You get all the control of maintaining the amount of humidity in your living space as per to your convenience because it comes with customizable humidity control which makes you more comfortable.
Its continuous drain option let you skip the draining of the water bucket every day as this unit empty your dehumidifier continuously so you are not required to do that. Whenever the water bucket of your dehumidifier is full, it will automatically shut off. In addition to that, it is also very easy to move so that you can carry it from one room to another without facing any hassle.
- Dimension of 12.19 x 15.96 x 24.25 inches (Depth x Width x Height)
- 50 Pint Capacity
- Energy Star – UL Certification
- Weigh 44.53 lbs
- 1 Year Full Parts and Labor Warranty
AlorAir Basement/Crawlspace Dehumidifiers 198PPD (Saturation)
If you are looking for the professional crawl space/basement dehumidifier which is highly durable then AlorAir 198PPD (Saturation) Dehumidifier is the best choice for you. This Dehumidifier has been specifically engineered for performing the low-temperature operation of 36 degrees Fahrenheit, performing quick and efficient Defrosting procedure. This unit is capable of continuously and professionally working deprived of facing any periodic stopping in the course of the defrosting process. This not only helps in saving energy but also to make the unit last longer than imagined.
This Basement/Crawlspace Dehumidifier is made of advance technology that minimizes the process of corrosion as well as Freon leakage. To provide the protection in corrosive environments, this Dehumidifier comes with Epoxy coating which helps in maintain the heat transfer ability of coil-over the life of the coil. In addition to that, you also get 5 years warranty along with after-sales-service that you can access across the country.
- Dimension of 23.2 x 15.2 x 17.7 inches
- 90 Pints Capacity
- Weigh 57.32 Pounds
- 210 Cubic Feet Per Minute Air Flow Capacity (Max)
- 104 Degrees Fahrenheit Upper-Temperature rating
Inofia 30 Pints Dehumidifiers for Home Basements with Continuous Drain
The Inofia 30 Pints Dehumidifiers is a compact dehumidifier which is energy-efficient and comes with removal capacity of up to 30 pints water each day. This dehumidifier is very efficient for dehumidifying the damp rooms up to 1056 sq ft, such as basements, bathrooms, laundry room, RV among so many. It comes with a built-in humidistat and it is a smart dehumidifier as it will automatically stop when the humidity set level has been met. Along with that, it will also start automatically when the humidity of the room goes up again.
It is also energy-efficient due to its switchable fan speed adding flexibility as well as the programmable 24H On/Off features. This small dehumidifier also includes drain hose (6.56-ft) that let you to simply attach the hose for achieving self-draining by gravity. It is quite durable and easy to use and you don’t need a lot of maintenance here because of its Auto defrost function. You can also use it in a cold environment that is even low to 41°F. It is portable, easy to handle and doesn’t make much sound while operating, thus, it can be one of your ideal choices.
- Dimensions of 12.2 x 8.2 x 17.3 inches (LxWxH)
- 30 Pints Capacity
- Weigh 24.9 Pounds
- 95°F Upper-Temperature rating
- 112 Cubic Feet/Min Air Flow Capacity (Max)
Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier – Large-Capacity For Spaces
Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier is a very efficient and durable dehumidifier that can remove 50 Pints of Moisture per Day. For its smooth working, this dehumidifier comes with a user-friendly display with the simple LCD interface from where you can operate the settings conveniently along with getting essential filter and reservoir alerts. It includes two fan speeds from which you can select between the regular as well as turbofan speeds for ideal comfort removing moisture in areas up to 4500 square feet.
Its rolling caster wheels work smoothly making sure the great portability with ease. It comes with auto-shutoff as soon as the reservoir fills to capacity. And its smart technology lets this Dehumidifier to automatically powers on after a power outage. It is easy to maintain and clean its air filter, therefore, you don’t require any expensive supplies. It is also capable of saving a lot of energy with its programmable 24-hour timer for suiting your lifestyle along with saving the energy costs.
- Dimension of 15.4 x 10.8 x 23.2 inches
- Weigh 39.7 pounds
- Automatic shutoff
- Removable 1.3-gallon tank
hOmeLabs 4,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier
hOmeLabs 4,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier is a modern designed dehumidifier that comes with the latest technology and amazing features. From its design to its working, everything is convenient. It is very easy to operate and maintain, along with that this dehumidifier comes with wheels and handles to carry it around from one room to another. This dehumidifier includes the capacity of the 1.8-gallon water tank that can remove up to 50 pints per day, according to the room size and moisture. This model from hOmeLabs has been capable of dehumidifying large rooms that are 4,500 square feet and even the wet spaces.
This portable dehumidifier comes with two years warranty so that you don’t have to worry about its quality and working. For the continuous draining, this dehumidifier comes with a drain hose outlet. It also enters 3-minute rest period automatically soon after finishing a moisture removal cycle. Make sure not to start dehumidifier for the duration of the rest period. Whenever the rest period finishes the operation, it begins again automatically. Also, its built-in pump compressor is capable of reducing moisture to great extent.
- Dimensions of 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches (LxWxH)
- Weigh 40 Pounds
- 24-hour Time Continuous Dehumidifying
- Water Tank Capacity of 1.6 gallons / 6 litres
- Custom Humidity Level from 35% to 85%
- Remove 50 pints Moisture per day
TOSOT 3,000 Sq Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier – for Home, Basement, Bedroom
The TOSOT 3,000 Sq Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier is another best dehumidifier that will suit your living space or office area very conveniently. TOSOT home appliance brand is also very well-known in the market for providing quality and advance products and this dehumidifier is also one of its efficient products. This machine will automatically power off after it reaches the target that you have earlier set. With only a peak sound level of 50 decibels, this dehumidifier is very quiet that you can use is all day and night.
This dehumidifier can easily remove up to 35 pints of water each day. As it can efficiently eliminate the moisture or humidity, therefore, your AC system will also operate powerfully as the temperature of dry air can be changed easily as compared to the moist air. It is also Energy-Star rated, therefore, a lot of energy is saved and it also eliminates the moisture from the air very quickly without costing a lot of your utility bill.
- Dimension of 14.76 x 11.38 x 24 inches
- Weigh 39.4 pounds
- Peak sound level of 50 decibels
- Remove up to 35 pints of water per day
Frigidaire FGAC7044U1 70 Pint Capacity Dehumidifier with Wi-Fi
The Frigidaire FGAC7044U1 is a very efficient 70 Pint Capacity Dehumidifier which is very convenient to use. All you have to do is to just turn on or off the unit to change humidity levels, and you are going to get notified whenever the water bucket will get full. It not only eliminates the moisture and bacteria but also levels up the humidity along with preventing the growth of the mold. This unit is very much capable of operating at the low temperatures that are below 41 °F.
With the innovative features such as Continuous Drain Option, Full Tank Alert System and Automatic Shut Off, you can get a very convenient and useful Dehumidifier that can alert you whenever the tank is near capacity and automatically shut down when the tank is full. You also didn’t require emptying the water bucket. In addition, it comes with Energy Star Certified, which means a lot of your energy will be saved.
- Energy Star Certified
- The capacity of 70 Pints per Day
- Continuous Drain Option
- Full Tank Alert System
- Automatic Shut Off
- Low-Temperature Operation
AIRPLUS 30 Pints Dehumidifier – Efficient Dehumidifiers for Basements/Medium
The AIRPLUS 30 Pints Dehumidifier is a very portable dehumidifier and is very efficient and easy to use. It comes with 1.5L capacity and capable of removing up to 30 pints moisture every day. Once the water tank is full, this dehumidifier is going to automatically shut off until it is emptied. Its universal wheels make it easier to move this dehumidifier from one room to another without facing any trouble.
The best part is that this dehumidifier is multipurpose and comes in four modes such as Standard, Drying, Sleep and Raining so that you can get fuller satisfaction as per to your need. For achieving the desired dehumidification effect, you can choose any of its given modes. It is very quiet while performing its function and is perfect for bedrooms, basements, kitchen, closet etc. This dehumidifier includes two-year quality service of a replacement or else a full refund.
- 1500ml capacity water tank
- Includes four different modes
- Compact size with movable casters
- Detachable and washable filter
MIDEA MAD50C1ZWS Dehumidifier for up to 4500 Sq Ft with Reusable Air Filter
This amazing dehumidifier from Midea is a very efficient product that can easily collect up to 50 pints of water a day. This brand is already very popular for providing high-quality air conditioning products across the world, so you can trust this brand blindly. With their MAD50C1ZWS Dehumidifier, you can adjust the humidity from 35 per cent to 85 per cent and it is very much perfect for the small spaces like basement, bathroom, bedroom, office etc.
The MIDEA MAD50C1ZWS Dehumidifier also helps in maintaining a 45 to 55 per cent healthy humidity level. Its continuous dehumidification mode is very efficient for keeping your living space or working area at the ideal humidity level that is very healthy for you. With only a maximum 51 decibel volume, this dehumidifier performs the quiet operation.
- Dimension of 15.94 x 11.54 x 24.29 inches (LxWxH)
- Weigh 33.51 Pounds
- 4500 Square Feet Floor Area
- Adjusting humidity from 35% to 85%
- Collect 50-pint water per day
Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier, 2200 Cubic Feet (250 sq ft)
The Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier is a small and lightweight dehumidifier that can remove the water of up to 18 ounces per day and have the water tank capacity of 52-ounce. This compact dehumidifier uses an advance technology which not only helps in saving energy exceptionally but doesn’t make a loud sound while in operation. Whenever it will get full, the dehumidifier will shut off automatically and it will do quite opposite while turning on the LED light to indicate that the water tank needs draining.
This portable dehumidifier is most ideal for small spaces such as bedrooms, bathrooms and offices that are up to 2200 cubic feet (220 sq ft). Its built-in Thermo-Electric Cooling Technology (Peltier) runs without a compressor because of which it operates very quietly, allowing you to run this dehumidifier all day and night without getting disturbed from any loud noises. In addition, its ideal operating temperature is 59F to 86F and it is not going to work less than 41F.
- Dimension of 6.6 x 9 x 12.69 inches (LxWxH)
- Floor Area of 250 Square Feet
- Water tank capacity of 52 ounce
- Included Auto-Off and LED indicator
- Up to 18 ounces of water extraction per day
Dehumidifier Buying Guide
It is not necessary that every Dehumidifier available on the market will fulfil all your needs and will satisfy you completely. However, if you know what exactly you are buying and what exactly you want from your Dehumidifier, then you can separate the ones that are worth considering and the ones that you don’t require. With our efficient buying guide, you can get help to select the right one for you.
- Size/ Capacity: For the small rooms which are less damp like bathrooms and laundry rooms, you will require a 25-40 pints capacity dehumidifier. For the mid-sized rooms, like bedrooms which have excessive moisture levels, you must opt for a 40-59 pint capacity dehumidifier. For the larger rooms or any open space room, a dehumidifier that has 60+ pint-capacity is quite useful for such spaces.
- Energy Efficient: If you are most considerate of buying such products that save energy, then for the dehumidifier you can also get the same. Go for Energy Star rating dehumidifier which will save the energy along with cutting down on your utility costs.
- Maintenance: Every machine requires a certain level of cleaning ad so as the dehumidifier. You must go for such dehumidifier that can offer easy & quick cleaning that can be done on dehumidifiers which come with a top-loading filter. This is a new innovative feature that let you to simply and quickly maintain your dehumidifier.
- Features: Nowadays, many innovative features have been included in most of the dehumidifier and if you like to use some latest technology then you must check for the features like Automatic Shut-Off for saving your time & energy, Auto Defrost, Automatic restart, and Continuous Drain Option.
- Pricing: Before buying the dehumidifier, you must check its brand, warranty, and also do some research of that machine in order to check whether he pricing justifies its features and functionality well or not. You must know where you want to use this device, this will give you a proper idea whether a small compact size dehumidifier will be perfect for that space or you will require the larger one. Because small size dehumidifier is mostly budget-friendly and comes in different price range, however, you will find large capacity dehumidifier is much pricy range. Also, if you are looking for more featured dehumidifier then it will add on more cost. Therefore, you must require to know your need first.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1: Can Dehumidifier Prevent Mold?
Answer: Mold is basically one of a fungal species that show up in moist and damp air surroundings and can cause several health issues. As dehumidifier is very much capable of removing the surplus moisture, therefore, it, directly and indirectly, helps in preventing mold to grow.
Question 2: Do you get Improved Air Quality with Dehumidifier?
Answer: Yes! The good quality of air is not only about the fewer amounts of toxins but also the level of humidity presents in the air as well. Humidity itself is responsible for many health issues and also releases some weird musty smell. At that time, Dehumidifier comes out as a huge help in controlling the humidity level along with improving the quality of air.
Question 3: Which Dehumidifier size is best for Basements, Garages & Crawlspaces?
Answer: If you need a Dehumidifier for your garage, basement or crawlspace then you should go for a 60+ pint-sized unit. On the other hand, there is also some Dehumidifier that is especially specially designed for these areas which are more prone to humidity or moisture. So, if your specific need for Dehumidifier is only for such areas then you can go for those specially designed ones.
Moisture, humidity and dampness can be present anywhere in your living or working space. If there are moist or wet stains present on the walls or ceiling of your room, you feel unpleasant and stuffy, there’s musty odour with some mold visible then all this indicates that your living/ working space is dealing with excess moisture or humidity. And for this entire problem, you get one perfect solution and that is a dehumidifier. It can not only solve humidity related issues but also helps in giving you a healthier lifestyle by freshening up the air. We hope our list of top 10 dehumidifiers will help you out to select the best one for your living space and also according to your surroundings and climatic factors.